Sunday, August 30, 2015

Last longest run before HM

Two weeks out and this weekend was to be my longest training run before the half marathon.  And truly the adage get it done and get it over with rings true for sure.  Yesterday when I ran it was 1 degree Celsius when I left the house, brrrr.  It was a long tight two shirt kind of run.  There was a little bit of misty rain interspersed with a bit of sun later on.   But today however, it was raining this morning, soaking rain.   Soooo glad I did this run on Saturday!  Whew.

I am getting bored with running round and round town here, or out and back on the long country roads as the kms rise, so I sat with Google maps and plotted out a new route, half of which I'd never run before, let alone drove down.   What a lovely run down some beautiful country roads.

I started my live Garmin tracker for hubby who was still in bed and off I went, so he would know where I was.


Whew it was a long one.  18.47km.  Yes yes I know, why didn't I run that extra .03.  Don't ask me.  All I remember was thinking I had gotten back to the car, I had done my 18.  Finished !




And with that I also accomplished my run 100km for August.   So happy, probably still one more short run in me tomorrow night.    Photo down Dalvui Lane looking across to Mt. Noorat, love the old stone fences, they are a work of art, even as they are crumbling.



Almost Spring, roll on Tuesday.  I am soooooo over this winter, it's been a shocker.  Ready to set some September goals, one of which is the #SIIS  (smash it in September) that the 12wbt Runners Connect group are on board with.  Set your goals and achieve them.  Watch this space.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG wasn't it cold!! My weather app said feels like 1.2 - singlet, sleeves, vest, gloves & beanie for me!! I said to the other half I'd better just go before I lose my courage!!! Well done on the 18+ you are placed nicely for the half!!! I battled through 14 having done a half event last Sunday..............my legs complained every step of the way LOL - it was an everest run for me!!!!

Love the old stone fences - they are indeed a work of art!!! Here's to spring. I've over winter too!!!!!

Matilda said...

This winter has a definitely been a long cold one.

Totally smashed your run and your August goal. Well done. Good luck on race day. Can't wait to hear about it.