So back track a bit - I did my long run on my plan on my day off on Friday this week as I knew I would not have time for it over Saturday or Sunday, with a plan to do Friday's run on Sunday. Got it?
Saturday I went to a terrific master class, if you will, on preserves, relish, chutney, sauce making with the CWA. It has really got me thinking. I've had a foray into making jam before, those luscious Timboon strawberries, but I resorted to using jamsetta to set the jolly thing. I got to taste test lots of different flavours that she had there, plus now have the recipes. Family, you can expect many jars of chutneys and relishes this year, once our tomatoes finally turn red! I did taste test a green tomato sauce but didn't much care for it.
So anyway today rocks around, eh, I slept in, a well deserved sleep in I might add. I decided to do my run later. Pottered around, Mike picked one of the humongous Lebanese Zucchini he has grown and I set about making zucchini fritters for lunch and to freeze. Well I could hardly run just after lunch so I'd wait. Gets to late afternoon and I told Mike I just couldn't be bothered and my run was off the cards. He asked me how far I wanted to go, which was anywhere between 5 and 8km and I'd be happy. So okay, "lace up" he says, "I'm coming with you".
He literally had to push me out the door, but actually once I was in my gear I was semi-happy about it.
Techno nerd working out his tunes, then decided the reason he couldn't hear was because his earphones were playing up, so he ditched the music. We would just run and walk and chatter and run again.
He decided to venture further afield and came one of the stock routes with me. Ouch, there are some hills up there. But I was so proud of him, he was doing a walk run and I was doing a bit of a joffle and we were keeping up with each other. It was warm this arvo!
I swear though he has Chariots of Fire music going on in his head, he seems to have perfected the hands in the air running style. Running like a champion.
Then he spots the cows and made me stop for a shot! It's a giggle with our 12wbt Runners Connect group that we get selfies with cows. Goodness, even Mike is now in on it.
Got to the lake and around the side of the caravan park and he spots the sprinkler system so decides to do a run through to the delight of a lady standing nearby who chuckled loudly.
Then down to the main road and back home. End result 7.4km. Longest run ever for Mike, he was knackered mind you, but so so proud of himself. And me? Well he got to say 'I told you so' as I was delighted I could tick off my training run tonight, so so happy to have done it. He just knew that the pain I would feel of not doing the run was far worse than the pain of actually doing it. And it was so much fun running with him tonight, it really was.
Mind you, after dinner he sat down and polished off two bowls of icecream and then a bag of chips. This running gig makes for a hungry husband for sure!
So so happy with our efforts tonight.





3 comments:
Excellent work Mike!!! You've got your own personal motivator there :-) Nice to get the run crossed off the schedule :-)
Excellent work Mike!!! You've got your own personal motivator there :-) Nice to get the run crossed off the schedule :-)
Go you good thing(s)! I'm still so impressed that Mike has started running, and comes out with you. You make a great team, and his running poses are coming along nicely.
Oh - and yay for the cow selfies. I might just have to try and get one myself! :)
Post a Comment