Friday, March 20, 2015

And then I met her !

So still playing catch up on my blog but catching up posting by phone as I do believe I may have had the screen of death on my computer.  I'm calm as it's not the blue screen of death, it's slowly going through lots of checking files and my computer was fully backed up only last week.  But damn it!

So anyway back tracking to Thursday week ago.  And look what happened!!!  Our 12WBT Guru and the woman who has changed so many lives was in Gerlong at s book signing.   And of course I had to be there.

Now I've seen Mish at other events - at the 12WBT Finale parties, the group exercise sessions, I hightailed it up to Ararat to watch the filming of The Biggest Loser and time after time I have seen people on blogs and Facebook and Instagram who have had their pic taken with her time and time again, but apart from our big group team photo I've not.  And I don't mind saying I've been a little envious of people from time to time.

What I wouldn't give to meet her and tell her thank you for changing my life.  So I got to Westfield early, got a great possie and watched the exercise session and listened to her motivational speaking and lined up afterwards to get my book signed.   

So it got to me and I just looked at her and she was so lovely and asked me what was wrong and completely overwhelmed I said simply "I think I'm going to cry" then promptly burst into tears.  Oh way to play it cool Carol!!!!!

She told me "Oh come here" and gave me a big hug and told me to stop crying or she'd cry and her mascara would run! It was so genuine and real and as I blubbered my thanks to her for turning my life around and giving me the power to gain health and fitness my coherent speech was just completely out the window I rambled.  I remember telling her I was from the Warrnambool crew and she said "Are you kidding me, you've come all that way to see me" like she was genuinely surprised.




I did say to her that I'd seen her a number of times but never had my photo taken with her and she said "Well we're getting our photo taken today girlfriend!"




I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am thanks to the photographer from Westfield to have these lovely memories. (pics from the Westfield Geelong Facebook page)


Happy happy days!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this Carol xx

Annie192 said...

Oh Carol! So completely jealous, but so completely pleased for you xox

Anonymous said...

I.m so happy you finally got to meet her. Great photos too. :)