Saturday, December 20, 2014

Carols by Candlelight

One of the things I love is to go to Carols by Candlelight and let me tell you this little town has had some disastrous ones weather wise.  More than a few years events have been moved to the local hall and one was so disastrous with torrential rain it was cancelled completely.

Last nights was a pearler though.  A gorgeous night, got cool once the sun disappeared but nothing a jacket wouldn't fix.

We arrived and made sure we partook in the local fare.  A sausage in bread from the Rotary BBQ, followed by a pancake from The Men's Shed.  Yum.  Then Mike decided to follow on with a hot dog from the School stall!  Then another!  

Obviously I don't feed him, ha.



Then quite fitting after all that food he broke the chair!!!  First the arm came off then the whole bottom collapsed.



Hmmmm how is it he broke HIS chair and yet I'm the one who ends up sitting on the ground and he took my chair!!!



The main event and Santa arrived on s horse and cart.  Well I will say that Mike did wait until the line of children subsided before he went to sit on santas knee!!!!  Excited much??



Okay so I sat on his knee too!!  Then Santa told me I jingled his bells!!!  Oh dear!  Does that mean I'm on the good list??



Maybe we both are as Mike ended up putting a bottle of whiskey in santa's sack to which he was most appreciative of!! Ha.  Great night where it's all about the community, singing loud and proud, enjoying catching up with friends and get into the spirit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds just lovely!!! one of the things I miss about the country.........