Thursday, March 20, 2014

Ouch!!

I hurt!  Tops of my legs, my chest and my underceps.  You know, people have biceps and triceps, well I call my wobbly bits under my arms my "underceps"!  Some of the girls from our Warrnambool & Surrounds 12wbt crew met up for a PT/Boot Camp session run by the lovely Kate.

Kate is a 12wbt success story.  She has walked a mile in our shoes and she has come back to Warrnambool as a certified personal trainer.  And she was good enough to come to us.  For those of us out of Warrnambool we usually have to travel in for group activities.  Well on Tuesday night we decided on a central spot of Noorat and those of us from Mortlake, Terang and Camperdown came in for a session.

I haven't worked out like that for a while.  It didn't hit me till Wednesday and today I'm still feeling it!  It's a good sore, don't get me wrong.  It's just my muscles saying "what the hell are you doing to us!"

Here we are at the end of the session, together with our little mascot Miss M, who delightedly urged us on.  Flushed with success we were.  That's Kate there in the black.  And we wish her all the luck in the world with this new venture.


But with a sore chest, arms and legs, I ditched running in Wednesday, and knowing I have a long run coming up on the weekend, I wanted to get some kind of run in today.  So I just grinned through clenched teeth and just went with it.  A very slow shuffle, run, walk tonight, 5km around the beach.  Beautiful late afternoon for it.  And so glad I did it to try to sort these aching muscles out.

But ouch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you gotta love a work out that means you cant lift a pen the next day!!!