My Sunday started nice and early but I didn't think if ever hear myself say it, but I'm ready for the clocks to change back. It's just way too dark of a morning. Sunrise was listed for 7.34am or something crazy like that.
Being that I was heading out of town I pottered for a little bit and set out about 7.15. I didn't want to carry a torch and at least that way is be running through town under street lights just before sunrise.
Stepped out the door and couldn't see the hand in front of my face. FOG!! But I would soldier on. Music pumping I powered through town and then hit the road out of town. The morning was getting lighter but no magical sunrise, this was my view all through my run.
But strange as it was I loved it! Running in the fog was the best. Firstly I did need to stay even more alert being that the odd car coming toward me came out of nowhere. But I think the best part of running in the fog was that you didn't see the long road ahead, you didn't set your mind on upcoming hills and rises and start talking yourself out of them before you even get to them. You didn't have those mind games at all. Superb.
At the half way mark before I turned around and ran back home.
I was sodden by this stage, a combo of dampness from the fog and liquid awesome (sweat)!!
End result...
So that was this morning, lots of stretching, feeling like a little old woman tonight.
Oh but before I go, how do you like my new tshirt. Even when I'm not running I'm thinking of it. :-)
Have a great week all.
PS Yes Matilda I am entering Run the Gap, just haven't yet.






2 comments:
Well done on the distance!!! Saturday morning was spectacular in Melbs for running too - beautiful sunrise :-)
Nice work, you are totally going to Rock the Geelong half.
And don't worry I haven't even registered for RTG either :P pathetic considering I am on the committe :P
Post a Comment