Trying as I might to get my kilometres up so I decided to go for my long slow run this morning. It was slow alright, but it wasn't long. Only totalled 5.2 kilometres. Actually there was a time I would have thought that impossible, but here I am now disappointed I could *ONLY* do 5.2 !
And there was a bit of walking involved in that too.
Makes me realise that some runs are great, you feel like you are flying, it's effortless. And some runs are just plain hard work. It was hard work this morning.
So in one of my walking moments I decided to take some photos so you could see what a usual weekend run involves for me around town. I like to hit the outskirts of town, we live on the edge of town or thereabouts so I head to the other side of the golf course which is at the end of our street and run up the stock route.
Hmmmm, that power pole looks perilously on a lean there! Or was it me on a lean? I don't think so. On my way home.
The sky was a beautiful shade of blue and the clouds were making some lovely patterns in the sky. At least one thing on these (supposedly) long weekend runs, I do appreciate nature and living in a small country town. Perhaps I'm a bit of an oddity, a farmer will look up from his paddocks and see a lone runner in pink pounding the often gravel roads.
Woops, this time I was on a lean, not sure what happened there!
Ahh well, may as well do a selfie while I'm at it...
Action shot of my feet while I was running, or a foot at least. This was one of 10, nine of which I failed to even get my foot in the shot!! You really wanted to see my foot didn't you? ha.
Looking back from whence I came. It really is a lovely area to run in.
Last day of my holidays tomorrow, then back to work on Monday. I've had 5 and a half amazing glorious weeks off. There's a lot to be said for time off in a big block like that, replenishes the soul !






1 comment:
Beautiful photos!! And 5 weeks off - how great!! Good luck getting back into work (as well as a normal running regime)
Post a Comment