138 days till what you might ask?
138 days till a complete nervous breakdown?
138 days till I have certifiably lost my mind?
138 days till this ...
See if I make the picture teeny tiny it won't look quite as scary, or will it????
Yes, yes, I know it was part of the master plan for 2014, yes yes I know September will be looming and I promised myself a half marathon before I was 50 ... but putting a plan down on paper (or screen as the case may be) and actually laying the fifty bucks down and signing up are two entirely different things. So in a bit of a facebook frenzy pm exchange with two other nutters, the ever motivational Leitchy and my newest running pal from afar Sarah, we have all signed up.
138 days, I need to find myself a ticker.
Oh dear! I've just made a ticker and there's 136 days, I miscounted! FAAAAARK!!!!! Two days less of training.
Tonight was glorious running down along the foreshore, I only did a 5km run from the Breakwater to the Flume and back, but my goodness it was one of those late afternoons that it was great to be alive. This is an example of part of the running track - which you have walkers, runners, bike riders, roller skaters, all join you on, everyone very courteous, everyone keeping to the left, or ringing a bell or a quick "passing" or "on your right" as they are overtaking. Yes, I'm a plodder, I get overtaken a lot. But it's no wonder I love to go running after work here, than head home (40 minutes inland to my little dry dusty town), which don't get me wrong I love, but lets weigh it up here. :-)
138 days till a complete nervous breakdown?
138 days till I have certifiably lost my mind?
138 days till this ...
See if I make the picture teeny tiny it won't look quite as scary, or will it????
Yes, yes, I know it was part of the master plan for 2014, yes yes I know September will be looming and I promised myself a half marathon before I was 50 ... but putting a plan down on paper (or screen as the case may be) and actually laying the fifty bucks down and signing up are two entirely different things. So in a bit of a facebook frenzy pm exchange with two other nutters, the ever motivational Leitchy and my newest running pal from afar Sarah, we have all signed up.
138 days, I need to find myself a ticker.
Oh dear! I've just made a ticker and there's 136 days, I miscounted! FAAAAARK!!!!! Two days less of training.
Tonight was glorious running down along the foreshore, I only did a 5km run from the Breakwater to the Flume and back, but my goodness it was one of those late afternoons that it was great to be alive. This is an example of part of the running track - which you have walkers, runners, bike riders, roller skaters, all join you on, everyone very courteous, everyone keeping to the left, or ringing a bell or a quick "passing" or "on your right" as they are overtaking. Yes, I'm a plodder, I get overtaken a lot. But it's no wonder I love to go running after work here, than head home (40 minutes inland to my little dry dusty town), which don't get me wrong I love, but lets weigh it up here. :-)



2 comments:
What a gorgeous spot, no wonder you love to run there before going home! Thanks for the feedback on the Fitbit Flex, the Fitbit One also gets a good rap as it does everything the Flex does, but it will also count stairs, and register when pushing a pram/trolley! I sent you an email last week via your profile, I hope you can help.
when do entries open? do you know?
I haven't decided if I'm going to run this or not. Decisions decisions.
Post a Comment