Also I like the surprise element. But there are surprises AND THERE ARE SURPRISES! Trust me on that one. Like I won't bore you with the story about our first Christmas together and he gave me a very expensive jar of hair removal cream, thinking it was like the mecca of gifts, he had hit the mother lode of ideas and he handed me the package like a precious cargo. Urrgh. Surprise? You betcha.
So thinking about what I wanted for Christmas, I started a list of a wide range of different things, realising that just about everything had something to do with fitness and/or running. Am I that one-minded now? Or has this way of life just become that important to me that it's what makes me happy.
Anyway this arvo I was having a little look on etsy for something, don't you just loooooove etsy. And I don't know why I haven't put "running" into the search engine there before, but look at some of the goodies that came up, all linked back here to the various sellers. Probably way too close to Christmas now, but maybe pop etsy on your ideas list for 2014.
What a great way to keep those precious bib memorabilia and any medals you might get along the way (seller: runningonthewall) ...
What a neat looking Christmas ornament for a runner's tree, I love this. Mike ... are you reading this!!! (seller: ShineOnSportyGirl) ...
A bit of fun for a half marathoner in your life (seller: StephLawsonDesign)...
And I am sooooo going to buy this one for myself, love it! (seller: SunshineMountainTees)
So apart from the usual things on the list - running socks, new tights, running books, whatever, here's a few more ideas to think about.
Back to work for me tomorrow. Then I'll be back into a semblance of routine and I'll be able to do my runs around the foreshore once again before coming home. I so love that run around the foreshore!





1 comment:
My hubby is usually completely clueless about what to get me for any gift and relies on a list that I give him! Most of the time he gets me everything on it - even when I say that he's only meant to pick out one or two things... But this year he surprised me! He hasn't asked what I want, so I bit the bullet and told him that I'd like a Fitbit Flex. He said 'I thought you might' and then went and fetched the Good Guys catalogue that had them on the front page and said 'That's it isn't it??' Well sit me down and colour me gobsmacked! Glad you're home and getting back to the foreshore.
Annie xox
thethinmewithinme.blogspot.com.au
Post a Comment