Saturday, July 6, 2013

Mini Milestone Challenge ... not so mini!!!

Well the Warrnambool & Surrounds 12wbt crew did it again!  A mini milestone challenge was created, which didn't end up to be so mini.  It was a rolling challenge, join in where you could, dip out if you had other commitments (darn work gets in the way sometimes!!) and if you are like some of the ladies, do the whole lot.  Kind of made me think of those old days when we would go to progressive dinners!!

It went like this:
  • 7am - Boxing PT session at Koroit for 45 mins.
  • Travel to Tower Hill.
  • 8am - Run circuits up and down the Crater Climb at Tower Hill for an hour.  Every time you got to the bottom a specially designed interval challenge had been created by Lisa D, which consisted of burpees, push ups, sit ups, planks, etc.  She created three different levels dependent on whether you were beginner, intermediate or advanced.  Go Lisa!
  • Travel to the Breakwater at Warrnambool.
  • 9.15am - run (or walk) from the Breakwater along the foreshore for as far as you could to get back by 10am.  I ran with 5 other ladies and we got as far as the Flume and back.
  • 10am - the all important debrief over breakfast, and what a delicious breakfast it was at the Pavillion Cafe.

I didn't get to the Boxing Session as I already had an hour's drive to get across there, so I met the girls at Tower Hill.

The morning seriously was fantastic.  It didn't matter that it was freezing!  It didn't matter whether you were just starting out or aiming for kicking goals.  What made me so proud was that we JFDI.  One of the ladies Ms. C kicked so many personal goals and PB's today.  She had only ever made the crater climb once before, today she did it three times back to back.  Not only that but she ran along the foreshore, first time ever running in public.  

That is what it is all about, the support and encouragement and confidence you get from 12wbt, particularly when you hook up with a local group.  Love these girls, I swear I wouldn't have gotten as far as I had if not for them.

Of course the photographs  :-)


Do we look just a little bit cold here, meeting at the bottom of the crater climb.  
It was flipping freezing, plus drizzling rain.



The crater climb consists of many many (slippery) stairs 
as well as a lot of seriously inclined cobblestone paths.
Here I am looking down at the last lot of stairs.  Yep it's steep!



And yet check it out, our girls just powered through it.






Our drenched towels on the ground as we were doing the challenges,
looks like some Turkish sit ups here, although Lisa had called them
Turkish lie downs!!




Here I am with Ms. C who totally blew us away with her 
enthusiasm today.  We need to bottle the determination this lady shows.



Time for a quick selfie, we had a rainbow over yonder, which meant the rain
was coming, lucky it was almost 9am.



Okay so looks like I was running like Phoebe from Friends.
Stop laughing!!



Awww, there's the rainbow, what a lovely sight to end this session on.



So onto the Breakwater for our run along the Foreshore.
Now I'm not one to run with people, I find it really hard to talk and run,
but it was sooooo enjoyable this morning.  I loved it.
Rebecca snapped this pic of some of us at the Flume.
And yes, another rainbow, they were chasing us I tell you.



Mmmm some of us at breakfast, where I had the most amazing rice porridge EVER!
Rice porridge happens to be my newest favourite thing.



What an absolutely fantastic morning, I really enjoyed myself.  I know I keep saying it but I'm so lucky to have this group and these girls in my life.  

So on to tomorrow where Mike and I are going to a Christmas in July.  Oh Lordy Lord, if it's not enough to have to survive one Christmas lunch, I now need to survive two per year???!!!

2 comments:

Myriddian Shrinks said...

Sounds like you had a heap of fun! You are all rockstars!

Anonymous said...

Amazing! and it looks like you had a lot of fun! It's good to see more of your infectious smile Carol!! I hope you had a good Christmas in July lunch!