Friday, July 12, 2013

Feeling pretty great right now

Amazing how in this weight loss, get fit, get healthy game that there are so many highs and lows.  One day you can be at your depth of despair, ready to throw it all in, or at least the fleeting thought crosses your mind.  Other days have you feeling like a rock star.

Well today is my rock star day.  :-)

I have strung two great days together and what a feeling of power comes with it.   Today was my day off so Thursday finished the work week for me.  After work last night I headed down to the breakwater and ran along the foreshore and back along the pier.  When I say pier, it's like a train or something used to go on it, it's all concrete with old rickety train tracks along it until you come to a concrete wall at the end.  One side of it is a wall with the ocean beyond it, often the waves hitting the wall and breaking over the top, the otherside the bay.  One of the fishermen at the end saw me coming and he yelled out "hit the wall, because it doesn't count if you don't hit the wall".  Love that!

I ran 5.3 km last night and as I was doing my stretches at the end of the pier, the sky put on the most magnificent light show for me.  It was like a prize just for me especially for all my hard running.  I just kept on stretching and enjoying the show.  And yes, again with the Instagram, I'm hooked okay!



And a good thing happened yesterday too, the batteries stopped working in my scales, so I'm on a self-imposed exile from sneaky weigh ins.  I'm not going to buy new batteries until Tuesday, ready for Wednesday weigh in.  So there scales, I'll show you!!!

So being that today was my day off, I went running again this morning.  I did a big loop of the golf course and then hit the highway, well it's a big grassy verge way off the highway right up to the paddocks, so I was no where near the cars and trucks.  I ran clear out of town all the way to the start of the Avenue of Honour, a big row of cypress trees as you enter our town that goes on for a couple of kilometres .  It was a slow run, I'll grant you that, still favouring my right side, but I'm getting there.  Total of 8.8km this morning.   

Here I had gotten to the start of the trees and ready to head back into town.  Hmmm, how come I always look like I have thunder thighs in shadow shots, grrrr.   I was running on the grass to the right of the right hand side trees there, you can't see it in this pic, and it was wet.  The sun was glorious this morning, I ditched the long sleeved jacket before I left and ran in a tank top, but the grass was wet and my feet felt like blocks of ice.  I came home and had the best shower I've had in a long time.



I document all my runs on Runkeeper, and this year joined a facebook group called "I'm going to run or walk 1000 kilometres in 12 months".  I get a lot of encouragement from this group.  My runs are child's play compared to some of the runners in it, but be it a small run or a long run, they are always there with words of support, it's great.  So we're adding up our runs, it's kind of a check in place.  So far this year I have run 334 kilometres.  I really must work out on a map how far that is.  

So we're over half way through the year, at this rate I haven't a hope of making it to 1000, but no matter.  It's 334 kilometres more than I would have run pre-12wbt.  So it's all good.

So continuing on with my rock star couple of days, I went to my local CWA meeting this afternoon (yes, you may chuckle, I'm a CWA girl and proud of it) and survived the afternoon tea.  And tonight my husband is taking me to the local pub for dinner and I feel so strong that I just know I'm going to eat clean.  Go me!  Let's keep this momentum going.

Hope your weekend is a great one.

6 comments:

Indigo Kate said...

You are the true Suzi Quattro of the 12wbt. Go you! :)

Sheridan said...

Go rock star!!! Glad you got out for some runs and got some beautiful weather for it too!! Amazing how much the sunshine, or a nice sunset, can change how you feel about being out and about doing exercise.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you're feeling so good! You ARE a rockstar, lady!! I love that you went running on your day off and that you are loving it so much!

Keep on rocking it!

Ingi said...

Total rock star! 8.8km! You DO rock :-)

Marney said...

Oh Carol - I love that you've had a few good days in a row! It's awesome that you are doing so well, and the 334km - freaking amazing! Well done you!!!

Marney x

Myriddian Shrinks said...

You are a rockstar!
I love reading when achieve great things as for the km that is no amount to be laughed at, maybe next year that 1k can be yours!