The fact I lost .6 today so that takes me to even stevens 101kg. I wonder if I can get into the magical double digits at next weigh in. Cross fingers.
The other thing that made me smile was this morning at the gym. I was on the treadmill, doing a run/walk/run before heading off to work, and the door opened and an elderly gentleman walked in, obviously a member as he had a swipe card. I would hazard a guess he was in his mid to late 60's, heck he could have even been in his early 70's, I'm not a good judge of age. But he was elderly. He went off to the change rooms and came back with his long sleeved button up shirt, tracksuit pants and runners and up he got onto a treadmill.
I've been running at level 8 and walking anywhere around 5.5 up to 6 depending on what stage of the workout I'm in. I swear he was walking around level 2. No more than a stroll really. But you know what ... he was doing it. He didn't care about the fit young things that were all around him, he wasn't out for a perve because he could have picked any treadmill but he got one up the front on his own, no one around him, he was just walking as fast as he could. And inwardly I was cheering him on as if he was running the last leg of the Olympic marathon.
Bravo to the anonymous gentleman, you give me heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment