Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Soooooo close !

Oh it was so close today.  I was hoping against hope I might just inch my way into the double digits, but it was not meant to be.  100.2.  So close and yet so far.  12.1 kg lost, never to be found again if I have my way.  That's 26 pounds, yep I'm an old fashioned kind of girl, it sounds so much better in pounds.

Mike told me tonight how proud he was of me, I even had him in watching me weigh in because I was hoping against hope.  He gave me a hug and told me don't worry, it will happen next week.  I can't tell you the freedom the fact that I finally fessed up to him how much I weigh and what a weight it has been from my shoulders because he is 100 percent by my side with this program.

I even made salad tonight for dinner.  Probably one of the coldest days we've had here, the hail didn't even melt for hours, and yet he suffered through salad with me.  Actually it was quite delicious and in the warm cosiness by the wood fire, it was yum.

Next week.  Wednesday.  I am promising myself those elusive double digits will be mine.

The fact I lost .8 this past week was a good loss.  I went away on a girls weekend away.  We were meant to go just over a month ago and I just didn't feel strong enough with my willpower, I had had the car accident only a week prior, and I made up a lame excuse not to go.  I wasn't quite expecting my friends to cancel the whole weekend away, cause if one of us couldn't go, then none of us would go.  I was just a bit embarrassed by this, but know I'm lucky to have such friends.

When we rescheduled for last weekend, the house re-booked, the plans made, I must admit I did feel stronger.  I was ready to make good choices when eating out.  And you know, I even had a dessert on Saturday night.   And enjoyed every last mouthful.  I think that is one of the keys for me.  To enjoy my food and not feel guilty.  What a wasted emotion that would have been otherwise.

And you know what, there was no pressure to eat or drink, I think I shortchanged my friends on that score worrying if I would be pressured into it.  OMG, how old am I?  I'm sounding like a school girl instead of a 47 year old woman.  But it was all good, and a good loss.

My word for this week is going to be perseverence.   I want to get this printed on an exercise t-shirt, I think it would be quite cool.



Onward and upward.  I hope your weigh in was a good one and looking foward to the week ahead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!!

Unknown said...

well done! next week will be double digits for sure!
ANewMumma - 12WBT