Friday, July 1, 2016

Last days of #runfortania

And so the last days of the six day challenge, hooley dooley I've not run every day like this in ... well ... forever!  Not sure my knees really like it.

#runfortania - day 5 (Wednesday)

So it was one of those lovely winter afternoons so I went for my run afterwork.  I was aiming for 5, ended up 6.5, yay!   And it was absolutely glorious, I ran up to Thunder Point, love that run, what views we get up there.


#runfortania - day 6 (Thursday)

Last day, what a difference a day makes.  The weather app said it was going to rain 24 hours, eeeeek!  It was still raining when I left work.  Hmm wonder if it will be better at home.  Nope.  I said to Mike when I walked in the door that I think this last day might be a miss.  He once again said you have to finish what you started, what's a bit of water anyway, mind you it was icy outside and the wind had picked up.  Said he who was about to sit down and eat pizza in the warmth of the house!  

So dressed in two long sleeved running shirts, a running rain jacket, a reflective over vest for the dark, beanie, gloves, long tights, and headlamp, I decided to do blockies.  I ended up 4.4km in the dark, rain, wind, and freaking freezing conditions.   Done!  And so incredibly happy and proud.

Definitely one of those instances where the pain of not doing it would be worse than the pain of doing it.



And there you have it.  Six days in a row.  Actually seven in a row because I ran the day before the challenge started too!!  Tania may have run 250km and I did ... well ... a lot less!  But I'm really happy that I completed the challenge amongst some quite trying conditions. Go me!


3 comments:

Char said...

I'm really glad you pushed yourself out in those awful conditions to get the job finished. Feels great to finish what you started doesn't it?!

Anonymous said...

LEGEND!!!!!

UplayOnline said...

Feels great to finish what you started doesn't it?!


เย็ดสาว