Monday, June 8, 2015

Happy birthday Lizzie!!

Got to love a long weekend, particularly with my Friday's off it makes it a long LONG weekend.  Jam packed.   So firstly Thursday night this happened ... Oooo eeee, said goodbye to my old car and hello baaaaaby!   Another Honda Jazz, honestly wouldn't go past them, they are a terrific car.


Friday off and headed into Warrnie (bah there were spots of rain on my new car!!) to meet up with Melissa who also had a day off so we could go for a run.  You really do put a better effort in when running with a friend.  A bit of chit chat, I'm not much of a talking person when I run, I get too breathless - not from running too fast, but just co-ordination, head, mind, feet AND talking???  I might be a multi-skiller but it just about does me in.   So we ran 6.87km, ridiculous really that we didn't go to 7km, I just had nothing left in me to round it up, but it still added to my 100km for June total.    Also we had a challenge in Run Downunder this month to take a pic with a running buddy so I have entered this action shot in, excuse the crazy eyes.



Sunday the Athletics Club had an 8km fun run.  Once again with the handicapped system because I'm slow I was off Zero! ha.   Then it was up to the others to catch up to me.  I was ecstatic that I was about 6.5km in before the first runner passed me.  Usually it's about the half way mark, so I must have been doing something right, maybe consistency is paying off.  It was a beautiful bright winter's morning, but Windy Warrnambool lived up to its name, it was a tad blustery.   Looks like the Pink Brigade was out in force here!    So this now brings me up to 23.79 / 100 for June.  Yay! 



Mike got home Sunday after doing some family things and we went to the Inaugural art show in our town.  Good on them for trying something new.   



So it's been a lovely cruisey weekend.   Happy Birthday Queen Lizzie.

2 comments:

Annie192 said...

Wow! Big weekend alright! New car is gorgeous! I hope you called her Lizzie in honour of Her Maj... 9 days in and already you've knocked over almost a quarter of your challenge - good job. Although I would have to have done another 130m just to even it up... Not that I have a problem with OCD or anything... lol

Anonymous said...

Noice wheels!!!

Love the running crazy eyes :-)