Friday, May 15, 2015

GOR

Tomorrow I'm heading down to Apollo Bay to take part in the Great Ocean Road festival.   A terrific event, which has a number of runs on the Saturday and then the half and full marathon on the Sunday.  I am doing the 14km Paradise run again, inland from Apollo Bay to Paradise and back.  This particular run has gone down as my favourite most prettiest run of all time, it's beautiful.



So let's hope the rain of the past week, the chilling wind, the icy conditions disappear and the predicted 14C temp rings true.  Although looking at Elders Weather right now it says 20% chance of drizzle <1mm and 5km southerly winds.  

Pffft, I laugh in the face of drizzle!
As long as it's in the morning, as the 14km event commences 1pm!  ha

A couple of weeks ago I was approached by the GOR publicity machine to run a story in our local newspaper.  Just a 'feel good' story about my training and running at GOR.  I made it to page 2, on top of an advert for the Great South Western Sausage Roll competition!  Woo hoo, hit the big time!   

When he asked to take a pic of me running, all I could think of was ick, side on shot, stomach issues, bouncy running stomach issues.   Oh well, it is what it is right?   And no hiding how old I am, OH DEAR!



So will be back with a race recap.  The beauty of running the same event as last year is that I not only have a 14km PB to beat, but the 14km is exactly the same.  Catch you on the flip side!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've just come from reading your GOR recap, and am now convinced of Steve Monaghetti's thoughts re that photo, ie:

"OMG it's Carol who was in the paper and does laps around Mortlake! I need a picture for my scrapbook. Here she comes - keep cool, Steve, keep cool." [seems legit]

:)