It's a great route 4.5km for the circuit that changes remarkably as you hit the different corners of the lake. Running clockwise you start off in a bush trail, and you'd swear you were in the middle of the bush. It smells nice too.
Then as you leave this area of the circuit you end up in country paddocks running in with the cows. The first lap there were no cows but as I headed around for the second lap the cows had moved along the track grazing.
There there, nice cow, you're mighty big up close, there's a good cow, let me pass! I wax ready to take off sprinting in case they charged!!
Through another gate, yes there are gates to open and shut all the way along this route ...
Then you head through the grounds of the nursing home. Firstly it's really nice for them to allow runners and walkers through their grounds, and secondly I imagine the residents must enjoy seeing people run through calling out a cheery hello. Not to mention what the sight of my sweaty Lycra tights must have done to heart rates! Hahahaha
Then through another gate and you head up a grassy hill to the top and then wheeeeee! down you go, that's the good part, along a track down the side of the hill down to the flat area below.
Then you head past some paddocks with horses through a lovely straight stretch, which was just lovely in the sun.
And back along the north side through an avenue of beautiful trees, where I was rained on by Autumn leaves floating down, very magical.
Back up to the main road, and along back to the start again. Fantastic! Ready to do it over. It's a great run and good training for running on different surfaces. Two laps for 9km makes for a very enjoyable morning run.
These photos are a combination of the last two weekends of long slow runs around the Dry Lake. How lucky I am to have this area so close to vary my training.
Now on the eating front I've had a jolt and eaten clean for three days running. One of the ladies from our 12wbt Runners Connect Facebook group has started a Foodies group and just checking in, chatting food, it's made a huge difference. I don't want to report in that I've blown it yet again, not to mention I could hardly sit here eating choc and reading along. So far so good. My eating is where I've slackened off on over the last months and it's what I need to reign in.








5 comments:
I was wondering where you had gotten to! I was starting to get a bit worried, I look forward to your posts. This one did not disappoint, what a beautiful spot to run, you had everything but the ocean!
Looks lovely!! It makes such a difference to your mindset having somewhere scenic for your long run!!
Looks lovely. I love it when tracks have different surrounds, it makes it so much more interesting.
How are the new shoes fairing up?
Oh and when's your next race planned?
What a great spot! Very scenic, and I imagine, a very relaxing place to be. I wanna go and find some cows now... :)
Post a Comment