Sunday, June 15, 2014

I'm not a fair weathered runner!

I almost was, but no, I'm not.  I woke on Saturday with a run planned, and looked out the back door to this.  It had been raining all night and the driveway was amass with puddles.  And it was still raining.  Back to bed I went.



Felt guilty during the morning, will I? won't I?  It was eating at me.  Had a read up of our 12wbt Runners Connect group and got told well and good by a dear friend of mine from our Warrnie Crew ... "get your coat on, get out that door, and run!"

So I did.

Amazing what peer pressure will do.  

It was wet, I got wet.  I had an appalling time as I kept stopping under the trees in the park when the rain got too hard.  Realised the raincoat I grabbed to run in really isn't conducive to running as I got wetter inside the jacket than outside as I was sweating.  Hmmm, sauna jacket anyone?  

But it was great.   I came home ready for a lovely hot shower, and then sat the rest of the afternoon crocheting by the fire with a smug look on my face.  Thank you Kellie.  I needed that kick up the butt.


I really got myself out of kilter as I was in my pjs ready to go to bed when I realised I hadn't done the wall sit challenge the 12wbt Runners Connect group had started.   10 seconds more each day.  It was the 14th June, so that meant a wall sit of 140 seconds.  So on went the sneakers so I could grip the floor and here I am doing my wall sit.  But 140 seconds was my undoing.  I failed twice at it, not making the time.  And even looking at this pic I was hardly down low enough.  Oh yes, you may laugh at my flanny pj's, but you need them in this weather.

Ever the helpful husband part-time trainer (cough cough) he suggested I take my top off, to be better able to grip the wall yanno.  I even fell for that as I was desperate to make the 140 seconds.  But it was not to be.  I need to work on this old core of mine.



So another weekend has come and gone.  A week full of rainy weather ahead has been forecast so I very well will be hitting the gym this week.   Hope you had a great one.  Now time for dinner and a roast awaits me with lots and lots of veggies, yum!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could comment on the running, wall sits, and other impressive stuff...but - flannel PJs!! Awesome. And you look quite lovely too. (I love mine, so comfy and snuggly). :)

Anonymous said...

Well done on getting out there!! I got wet too - soggy feet for the last 2 kms :0)

Love ya Jarmies!!!!!

Unknown said...

My pleasure Carol. I draw a lot of inspiration from you and am more than happy to be your butt kicker in return.

Love, Love, Love this post. Love the words, the photos, the story, your happy smile back, the sweet pjs, your sweet husband ... the list goes on. xx