Saturday, May 10, 2014

Ready for tomorrow

Clothes are all laid out, new pink top cause I needed to go brighter than my other pink tops!! ;-).   Ready for the Mothers Day Classic 8km in Geelong tomorrow.


Mum has her pink all planned out too! Although her days of any distance walking are long since passed as she has hip problems now.  Still she will be there to cheer and disk up the atmosphere and entertainment.

This arvo though I popped into The Running Company in Geelong West and got fitted for new runners.  What a fantastic experience.  They videoed you running on a treadmill from behind paying particular attention as to how your ankles rolled when you landed.  I was shocked at the inward roll of my ankle, I swear it looked like my ankle could have snapped.  What pressure I've been putting on them with my plodding.  I'm lucky it hasn't resulted in more serious problems.

After a lot of talking and testing I came away with these beauties...


Mizuno Wave Alchemy 12.  The difference in my ankle roll when running in them was quite amazing and they feel sooooo good.  

I won't wear them tomorrow however. Don't do any different on race day!  But I'll give them a few runs during the week to see how much they love me ;-). I do believe a love affair is about to begin.

Back tomorrow with a race recap.  Do for anyone running the Mothers Day Classic across Australia have a fabbo morning.  And everyone have a lovely Mothers Day.

2 comments:

Matilda said...

There was a MDC here in Stawell, but due to a photoshoot I didn't get a chance to do it, oh well next year, and there will be other runs.

I got my brooks fitted at the running company, they are great. The service there is fantastic, they really take their time.

Enjoy the new shoes.

Anonymous said...

Hope the run went well!!!

Did they film you running in your runners or in bare feet (to start with)? I've had both (shoes only + bare foot then new shoes) & being almost ready for new shoes again am always happy to hear about other peoples fitting experiences!!!