So I want to talk about socks. I have a few different pairs, a lot of el cheapo ones and my favourite running socks are my Under Armour ones I got from Anaconda. Although after a few years of washing and wearing they've gotten a bit hard and scratchy and blisters are becoming prevalent again, starting oh about 7 or 8km into a run.
So I scouted around online and found Socks for Living and on a whim bought two different brands of socks. The first were Compressport Run Pro Racing Socks V2 Low Cut. Now don't be alarmed, I don't call myself "pro racing" anything!! But I liked the look of them. Although when I decided on a size I had to work out my size on US sizings. Although the length was good, I found the cut across the top of the sock was quite tight (perhaps were the ESS on compress would lay there). Perhaps that was the compression part of it? Who knows.
I thought the little bobbly bits were interesting, almost like pressure points. Interesting texture. I'd say they were okay for me, but still not what I was after. I'd give them a B for me.
.
So I scouted around online and found Socks for Living and on a whim bought two different brands of socks. The first were Compressport Run Pro Racing Socks V2 Low Cut. Now don't be alarmed, I don't call myself "pro racing" anything!! But I liked the look of them. Although when I decided on a size I had to work out my size on US sizings. Although the length was good, I found the cut across the top of the sock was quite tight (perhaps were the ESS on compress would lay there). Perhaps that was the compression part of it? Who knows.
I thought the little bobbly bits were interesting, almost like pressure points. Interesting texture. I'd say they were okay for me, but still not what I was after. I'd give them a B for me.
.
I also bought Sof Sole Women's Running Select Low Cut. Now these were more like it. They were light but still had that nice amount of pressure around my inner foot. I liked these A LOT. In fact I will definitely be going back and buying more. Plus they were in a two pack so more economical. Again, I'm one for the low cut socks, and like the ones before they also had a tab at the back, not that that has ever been an issue for me and blisters. My blisters comes on the edge of my inner foot about an inch under my toe. These ones however have seen a blisterless run, combined with Body Glide of course. A+
Great service from Socks for Living, it was a chance stumble on the site, but so glad I did. I'll be back. Anyone care to share what their fave socks are?
Did my last long run on Saturday, now a few shorter runs before next Sunday. Honestly I really don't know what I'm doing, I'm gathering any advice anyone cares to throw at me and taking everything on board. It was good though on Saturday, as there was light misty rain. I don't like running in the rain, so it was good to do a bit of a rehearsal in case next Sunday is rainy. All good. Oh except where two heeler type dogs came rushing out of their unfenced yard straight for me, barking like Cujo! I did a panic and meekly yelled out Go Home! Until their owner showed up from around the side of his house and profusely apologised. I tell you though, I almost pee'd my pants.
Hope your Easter has been a lovely one. We went to the dawn service here in town this morning, the churches in town take turns in hosting it. It's a nice small service by the lake, followed by hot cross buns, coffee and little eggs for everyone for breakfast. It's a nice morning to chat with friends from town.



5 comments:
When you first come into running you are like omg who in their right mind spends $30 on 1 pair of socks.
You change your tune when you get blisters galore.
Cheap socks just don't work.
And if they get wet, forget it.
My fav socks have to be pro-compression and the endura socks. Yeah $30 for 1 pair, but so worth it. I only ever buy them when they have buy 2 get the 3rd free.
Hi Carol
I have the V1 Compression Sport Pro Racing socks & love them!! Took a while to get used to the baubley bits, but always do my long runs in them.
Before that I tried a 2 for 1 deal on some Drymax which I can't stand - they are too big & bulky & I'm going to throw them out!!
I'm quite happy wearing Bonds or Adidas sports socks on shorter runs - I admit I'm lucky with my feet & don't really get blisters.
I do like the low cut & dislike socks that come to high up my ankle!!
Good Luck for Sunday!!!! Not long to go now!!!
PS I just nominated your blog for an award........
I have Thorlo and Injinji socks which I both love but have recently found Steigen. love these socks. Wore them during Run for the Kids and they are awesome. They also sponsor the Geelong Half as they are a Geelong company. I will bring you a pair on Sunday if you like.
Just make sure you are well hydrated on Saturday and sunday morning.
Oh I have the Thorlo and injinji socks too. Love them as well.
Good luck with your race tomorrow too.
For some reason I thought it was last sunday, I was mistaken.
You'll rock it girl.
Post a Comment