So I mentioned that Runkeeper were doing this thing, trying to clock up 118,000,000 miles before this year's Boston Marathon. The website telling you all about it is 118 for Boston. And when you clock your run on Runkeeper which I do, you tag your run with #118forboston and the tally of your run goes across to the site. If you look at it, it's adding up all the time. Crazy amazing thinking of people running all over the world right now, considering it's almost time to go to bed here.
So I worked out when you save your run, if you quickly look at their website as your run is registering, your Runkeeper photo gets put on the front screen of the site. Hey there I am!!!! Bottom left corner in the pink shirt. Yahoooo. Hey, we all have to find our fame any which way we can.
So I worked out when you save your run, if you quickly look at their website as your run is registering, your Runkeeper photo gets put on the front screen of the site. Hey there I am!!!! Bottom left corner in the pink shirt. Yahoooo. Hey, we all have to find our fame any which way we can.
So tell me runners, I was in a quandry this morning and wasn't entirely sure what to do. I was running on the outskirts of town and ran past the house that had the two Golden Retriever dogs that ran out at me a few months ago - I wrote about it briefly here.
So this morning I was doing my run and ran past that house again and the two dogs were sunning themselves in the paddock across the road and GAME ON! They decided they wanted to play and follow me. I called to them in my sternest voice a number of times "GO HOME" but still they bounded and played with each other and kept pace with me. They were having a wow of a time.
Across Ararat Road I went heading to a stock route which cuts through to the Hamilton Highway. They followed me the whole stock route until I got to the Highway where I had planned to run on the grass on the other side of the cypress trees. What to do? I did not want to be responsible for them as I went to run down the highway. What if they ran out onto the highway where the big semi-trailer trucks often barrel into town?? So I turned tail and ran back the way I came down the stock route back to the corner where they lived again. And follow me they did and ran back to their house and I continued on my way, albeit a different route than planned.
What would you have done?
And just because ... here's a pic from Saturday. We went to a very casual wedding at a farm, eh okay it was my husband's ex-wife's wedding! Strange family that we are. We all get on and so the kids know no different, isn't this how all families are!!! But I was feeling good and slim, it was a nice feeling.
13 days to go till the Half. Tick tock. My race pack was mailed to me the other day and in as well as my number and details about the course and a map, there was an organ donation pamphlet! Eeeek, perhaps they are expecting some casualties on the day!!!


1 comment:
I would have done the same thing. If anything happened to the dogs, I would have felt partly responsible.
You look great in green btw.
Post a Comment