I loooooove having Friday's off on the odd occasions I wangle an RDO on a Friday. Love the three day weekend. As mentioned I was heading down to Geelong to take mum out for a belated birthday dinner and she chose Mexican ... cue the dreaded doom music!!
I ended up choosing Fajitas, chicken, and I was able to just pop lettuce, avocado, chicken and onion and peppers and salsa in and they were delish. I felt great. Until the dessert menu came around. Ouch! That's where my willpower failed me. Hmmm, celebrations are meant to be celebrated right? I had a banana split and enjoyed every single morsel that passed my lips. I figure I ticked the fruit box for the day! I may have ticked it a bit too well.
Main thing was that mum enjoyed herself, we were like big kids enjoying our icecream.
And I knew I was going to make up for it this morning, I had planned my long Saturday morning run around the foreshore, and that I did. I ended up running to Rippleside and back and then all the way over to Limeburners Point and back. Around the big pool on the way back, then fluffed about going back to the carousel to build my k's up as I wanted to get into double figures. End result 10.48 km.
And to put it into perspective for those who don't know Geelong, here I am on the tip of Limeburners Point looking back. Not a bad self-portrait of me running! Wind in my hair, looking slightly on the thin side!
Can someone say ... birds nest!!
But oh how arty farty with the sun rays coming through the tree like that. Total fluke.
And the best part about the whole weight loss thing is clothes shopping for sure.
I have been looking for a black jacket for ages and here it is. Come to mama!
Excuse the sideways photo, that was not intentional, I've just not mastered the art of one handed selfies yet.
So having run 10km+ a few times now I feel quite good about next Saturday's fun run, where I'm doing the Mosaic to Mountain at Dunkeld. My first ever 10km fun run. The race is apparently from the mosaic area in the park just behind the main street to the base of the grampians and back. I think. It's being run by the local kindergarten, so is pretty low key. And I'm really looking forward to it. So this was my last long run before next weekend, I'll spend the upcoming week with a few short runs and hopefully that will stand me in good stead. I just want to finish you know, I have no grand plans. I'd love to be able to do it 1 hour 15 mins, but we will see.
Have a great Sunday!



3 comments:
Hi Carol, thanks for popping over to my blog. I love discover local(ish) bloggers)
I look forward to running M2M too.
I've been told it's a great event, but then again I'll find out next weekend when I race it.
See you there!
YUM! We can't always skip dessert, can we?! You did well :) And awesome run! I'm keen for the day I can say I've run 10km :)
What a multi talented woman you are Carol - runner, artist, model, fashionsta, and weight loss mentor! Love the jacket, and the sneak peek of the little tooshy in the mirror. Have a great time next week. xox
Annie
http://thethinmewithinme.blogspot.com.au/
Post a Comment