Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fifty before 50 : No. 01

What better way to start my 'Fifty before 50' album than to start with a running page!   One thing I have come to really look forward to is my long Saturday morning run.  It sets the scene for a terrific weekend ahead.  So I made No. 01 in my album about that, my special time of the week and something that really puts a smile on my face.

Click on the page to see the detail if needed:


Credits for the goodies used : Designer Digitals

And if you would be interested in reading the journalling here tis:

01 - THE LONG SATURDAY MORNING RUN
Gosh I love it. Get up, get dressed, feed the menagerie, Mike is still snoring in bed, grab my phone and I’m out the door.
Stretches, activate my Runkeeper, big breathe and I’m off. Pounding the pavement. Up the dirt tracks. Running the perimeter of town under the watchful gaze of the cows, or the sheep that run from the fence. Dogs barking. Birds squawking their approval from the trees as if it is a fanfare of cheers from the stadium crowds.
Oh yes, my mind runs away with me. I don’t run with music, I have never really mastered that. I just run. I hear the rhythm of my feet striking the ground, the musical cadence of my breathing. It’s me time. My mind is blank, I am recharging my batteries and as free as the wind.
I run around the lake and the ducks take off across the water. I hear my Runkeeper counting the kilometres. And I’m not satisfied now until I hear myself get to double figures. I come home spent and famished. The subsequent hot shower is usually lauded as being one of the top ten best showers in my life. 
Yes I do so love my long Saturday morning runs. It makes me feel great, puts a smile on my face, a sense of satisfaction and starts my weekends off beautifully.

Okay well bed for me.  It's been a long day.  I headed to Geelong to the funeral of the mother of a dear friend and old workmate of mine.  Such an incredibly beautiful day today too, I wonder if she had anything to do with that ;-)  and I'm so glad I went down for it.  But down and back in a day, 4 hours of driving, makes for a very tired girl !!  There was no running on the radar today, either this morning or when I got home.

But having said that, it's going to be a gorgeous day tomorrow, so an even nicer afternoon for a wonderful run along the foreshore after work, that will definitely recharge these batteries.

1 comment:

natasha brown said...

I loved reading this post. One thing that I noticed, was that you notice nature a lot and mention it a few times. I think that with developing an interest and passion for health comes an appreciation for the simple things-nice clean air, space, birds, greenery...you sound like you live in a nice spot. :)