In an effort to catch up my fun runs before the year is over, going back to November here and I took part in the Lara Fun Run - run by the people from PB Events, I always enjoy their events.
I've done this run once before, it starts and finishes at the beautiful Pirra Mansion. Such easy parking across the road in a mown paddock so a mere five minutes walk away, easy bib pick up, bag drop off, a few display tents from various vendors.
I've done this run once before, it starts and finishes at the beautiful Pirra Mansion. Such easy parking across the road in a mown paddock so a mere five minutes walk away, easy bib pick up, bag drop off, a few display tents from various vendors.
Was great to meet up with Carmel, which incidentally this is where I first met her way back when the first time I did this event. Was also good that a couple of local girls came down for it - Floss and Debbie. Fantastic to see them. Look at Floss and I in our Runners Connect shirts!
There was a children's run first off, then a 5km and 10km event (the 10 just being two laps of the five). I think they said there was about 700 people taking part all up.
The sun got very bitey when it came out and it was quite blowy in parts too. You'll see from these pics the type of terrain we were on, easy gravel paths, apart from the grassy area to and from the mansion. I just plodded along, quite tired after a big day the day before.
Saw Debbie and Floss as I was coming back down the finish line, some hot guys were yelling out "Go Carol" - well they were only human after all!! Then I realised they were reading my name on my bib. A high five to the announcer as I went across the finish line and I was done. Good on the organisers for having finisher medals too, adds a nice incentive to the PB Events.








No comments:
Post a Comment