Tuesday, August 23, 2016

LSR ramping up

EDITED TO ADD:   I had written this post a couple of weeks ago and still had it sitting in my drafts only to realise tonight I hadn't hit publish!


So my weekend LSR (long slow runs to the non-runners reading this) are ramping up as I continue on with my half marathon plan.  Not sure if I've ever mentioned, I use a plan from the Marathon Training Academy to which I also avidly listen to their podcasts.  But heck it's hard to get out when the mornings have been looking like this - ICY !



My weekend runs are taking me out of town and down lonely country roads.  Actually lots of roads around here like this, but admittedly this one lead out of town.



And I had the 'girls' for company, a veritable cheer squad lining up along the fence watching me run by.   Actually this heard of cows started following me along the fence, not sure how I can get the video I took in here, it did make me laugh.



But you know when you run way out of town, you've got to run back in, so in my effort to do a big loop I went along under the cypress trees and came across lots of puddles like this.  Oh no!  Not my finest hour.  



Didn't really think that plan through properly did I?

No comments: