Great Ocean Road half marathon - We got some fun photos at the start at Kennett River taken, I like this one in particular at the start line, complete with photo bomber walking behind us! haha All ladies from our fabulous 12WBT Runners Connect group and "Pepe", Rachael's other half.
The field soon spread out, amazing how quickly that happens.
Thousands of runners went whoosh!
It's more fun at the back of the pack anyway! ;-)
Thumbs up for the race photographer, the sun was out, what's not to love!
A smile on my face, I'm running on the famous Great Ocean Road, yahooooo!
It was great to be alive, we'd had wind but at least it wasn't raining!
Whoops spoke too soon.
5km to the end we were pelted. My clothing was water laden.
My top seemed to get lower and lower!
But I love all my finish line shots.
You can't see it but I had a young lass to the left of me
and we were both racing to the finish as hard as we could.
AIR SHOT !!
I felt like I was flying.
And my favourite finish line photo of any race.
Despite the weather.
Maybe because of the weather.
It took 6 days but I finally went out for a run/walk with Mike for 4 k's on Saturday and then continued on for another couple of k's on my own when he headed back home.
And then today I decided before I had lunch about 11am I went out and did 10k. In the wind. Go me!! And then in my wondering what my next event could be, I decided to enter Run Forrest. Check out the video at this link - how superb does it look. I'm in for the 10k. Readers of this blog may remember a couple of years ago I entered this event and our car broke down on the way and we had to limp back home amongst my tears. With a big fat DNS against my name in the results page.
I have unfinished business to take care of!








2 comments:
The green top was a great colour for the photos. So easy to pic out. I'll have to remember that for my races. Some really great shots in there. I love the last one where you're flying.
As a photographer I say thank you for buying photo's.
Seriously I'm sick of people stealing photo's but screen-dumping or taking heavily watermarked (unprintable, and look crap) images.
You have some serious air, love it. Well done on your race.
I too will be at Run Forrest, but I'll be doing the half.
Post a Comment