Saturday, April 11, 2015

Getting itchy feet

Taper is hard.   After running some long disances of late being forced to wind it back a bit.  I've stuck with the plan and done just that.

Packing for an event is even harder, remember I don't call them races any more, they are events.   "Race" is such an intimidating word.

So the culmination of the past three months of training, the sore backs, the aching legs, the Osteo appointments, the flying lunches (okay so only one flying lunch!!) it all comes down to tomorrow.    Last year I did it in 2:49:33.   Will I come in less than that, I hope so, I want to make the cut off.  Last year was my first half marathon.  This is my second.  It's a course I know so that's a positive.

So bags are packed, I've made a checklist I can keep referring to now, it's helped.  And I'm ready to go.  Pasta dinner booked in tonight with mum and my brother and early night for me.  



And this little man is one of the reasons I want to keep on this health and fitness path, I want to be someone my grandson looks up to --- hey nanna look at you run --- that kind of thing.  Sure sure, I'm doing it for me, of course I'm doing it for me, but I'm doing it to stay fit and healthy so I'll be around a long time with his Grumpy for this little man.  



Not long now and he'll be off.   They grow up so quickly.   I look forward to the days I can chase him around and he can chase me around back and I won't be puffed after a few minutes and want to sit down, but I'll go as long as the little man will go.



Righto, signing off, back on the flip side with some stories, hopefully !!

1 comment:

Chloe said...

Can't wait for the wrap up. Just getting there (again) is a fantastic feat. Well done.