Friday, February 6, 2015

Meet my new pretties !

I went to a funeral down Geelong today, a dear friend who I worked with 30 years ago lost her husband.   But oh how wonderful as well as myself, four others from the old crew back in the HQ days were there too.  Instantly 30 years were stripped away seeing us all together again.  I mean I have caught up with these ladies individually, but to have us all there at the same time, wow.

After the funeral I had plans to hightail it out to Geelong West to visit The Running Company again to get fitted for some new runners.   The tread on my old ones had really worn, and looking back on this blog I got my Mizunos back in May.  So there's been a heck of a lot of kms run between May and now.  It was time.

I can't speak more highly of The Running Company or the service they give.  And sure I know you can buy runners online or overseas cheaper, but nothing gives you more assurance than actually seeing what they see.  They live what they sell.  And they know what they're talking about.  You are filmed running barefoot on a treadmill and I could see the pronation, my ankles were really rolling in, although I feel not as badly as last time I was there.  Maybe my Mizunos have corrected my landing somewhat, who knows.   And you can see what the various runners they suggest do to your running, it's right there in front of you (yes, cankles and all!)  Why oh why did I point out my cankles on the film!!   While I waited like a bower bird I was drawn to the coloured runners.  It was like a rainbow wall.



So after checking my running on the tready, and the wear on my soles of my current runners, Bree analysed a number of runners she thought would be ideal.  All were equal to the task but each brand having their own little idiosyncracies I guess you'd say.

She started me off on a pair of New Balance (I didn't get the model name though), boy they looked like Herman Munster shoes, they looked big.  And they felt big too.  Although they were the right shoe in length I felt like my foot was slip sliding in it.  

I tried some Asics something or others, they felt good, I was really happy in those.  And then I tried the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 15.   Adrenaline, gotta love a name like that.  And they felt as equally as good as the Asics but much better in the toe box.   The pair I had tried on were white with blue/green trim and I was resigned that once again I would be wearing a mainly white pair of runners.  Oh well.  

We decided though I would need to go a half size larger and she came back with a box and mentioned that the 9.5's were a different colour they had in stock, something about being a limited edition colour (but I may have got that wrong).  Then she opened them.  

It was like "ALL HAIL THE COLOURED RUNNING SHOE" !!!  I swear even music played as that shoe box was opened.   Look at my new pretties.   I tried them on and I was like freaking Cinderella at the ball.  Perfection!


Can't wait to take these babies for a spin.  

The Brooks website says:
From the minute your feet are in a pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS shoes, you'll notice the incredible comfort they provide. We've designed this range to be the ultimate training buddy for overpronators, with a particular focus on a smooth transition with the Extended Segmented Crash Pad giving you full ground contact.All in all, Brooks Adrenaline GTS is all about providing the stability, durability, and comfort you'd expect from a leading performance shoe. 

Stay tuned for the verdict!

3 comments:

Lynne said...

I feel your excitement just reading your post!

Matilda said...

Brooks have the tag line "run happy" I see you running happy in these. Love the colour. Enjoy the new shoes.

Anonymous said...

They are awesome!!!!! Bree helped me too - legend she is :-)